Sorry, this may seem random, but it's something I decided I want to do. I've ALWAYS wanted to hold my own secret santa type deal, so I'm gonna!
I have quite a few amazing artist buddies here on DA. Some from the MH fandom, some from other fandoms or just having met randomly here or there, and it could be fun to have who all would be interested do a secret santa together, maybe you'll meet someone new from the fandom or outside it, and make new friendships or something, who knows! Either way it could be a lot of fun.
Here's a couple rules before you make your decision on saying you wanna join or not.
1. All gifts need to be completed by Christmas. If you don't think you'd be able to get yours done in that time frame (which you'll have well over a month, almost two to get it done) then don't say you want to join in! I don't want anyone to not receive a gift because their secret santa didn't get it done!
2. I am sorry, but I will not be accepting deviants who only write or do work on bases only. You don't have to be the best artist ever, but you do have to at least be an artist and do original work without use of bases. EDIT: I am sorry, but I was requested by some others who are joining in that I put at least some sort of minimum requirement to skill level so it's fair for everyone. If I turn you down please don't take it too hard to heart and know it's only because I'm trying to do what is fair for all involved... *hates having to be a bad guy*
3. Your piece HAS to be colored. It'd be no fair for someone to receive a sketch/lineart while they put in lots of effort coloring a picture. So yeah, all pieces must be colored. Traditional or digital don't matter though.
4. Make sure you have decent refs of your characters in your gallery. You can link to them or ask for specific chars you'd like to see drawn, but yeah, no references of your chars would make it hard for someone to draw them wouldn't it?
5. No posting your art until Christmas! If you have a reason why you wouldnt' be able to (perhaps wouldn't be able to get online during that day or what not) then you can post it before then as long as you post the reason, but yeah, try and hold off until the day if possible!
6. No telling the person you're drawing for that you got them, keep it a surprise that's the point of secret santa! hehe. If you have a question for yours and want to ask the person then ask me the question and I will go and ask it for you
If you are interested just comment on this journal (YOU HAVE TO COMMENT, if you just fav the journal or something I will not count you)
I'll leave this open for people to comment on and join in until the end of October. I'll start matching up secret santas and stuff teh first week of november and send out messages to everyone on who you are doing yours for.The List
Here's a list of people who have responded so far that they want in and are approved by me to be so. Just so I have it all in one place xD
Signups are closed! Thank you for the interest everyone this is gonna be great!
I shall start pairing up everyone now so keep an eye out for a note in the next day or so with who you are drawing for! If you don't receive one let me know in case it doesn't go through or something since DA can be stupid, haha.